The Best Things about TRU
TRU is a leading destination in Canada for international students. International enrolment now exceeds 2,000 students from 85 nations worldwide.
Our size makes it easy for you to get hands-on learning that will help you through the good times and the bad.
At Thompson Rivers University, be empowered to reach your goals with many learning options. Be supported with individualized student services. Be involved through hands-on learning and research opportunities. Be welcome in our inclusive environment. Join us to discover all that you can be at TRU.
Before coming to TRU, I couldn’t even imagine how fast my life would change here. TRU gave
me all the opportunities I was looking for to unearth my true potential. I’ve met people from
various parts of the world, gained real-world work experience and most importantly, I have
learned more about myself. Being a part of the TRU community has been one of the most
meaningful and rewarding experiences in my life. One of the best things I did in my program
was my co-op. I put my learning into direct practice right away and that helped me secure a full
time position after I graduated.
Tatiana Fedotova, Events Co-ordinator
A clear admissions path
- Conditional admissions available
- TOEFL, IELTS, and Cambridge exams accepted but not required
- Combined ESL (English as a Second Language) and academic studies
- Transfer to full-time academic study after ESL
Work and study opportunities
- Options to work on and off campus
- Combined study and work programs
- Credit transfer from recognized institutions overseas
- International exchange programs
- Scholarship programs
- Global Competency Certificate
Individual support to help you succeed
- Personal counselling
- Homestay, residence, or apartment housing
- Admissions and registration assistance
- Academic advising and program planning
- Medical services on campus
- Employment services assistance
- Social activities
TRU’s beautiful main campus is located in the heart of Kamloops, British Columbia, serving a community of 100,000 people. A welcoming city in a spectacular setting, Kamloops offers a safe environment, affordability and a wide variety of activities. The city is a 3.5-hour drive or 45-minute flight from Vancouver.