Bachelor of Business Administration – Finance
Earn a Bachelor of Business Administration – Finance at Thompson Rivers University
Pursuing a Finance degree at Thompson Rivers University is also a possibility for those with strong quantitative skills who are considering senior management positions or careers in teaching and research at the college or university level.
|Intake:||January / September|
|Tuition Fee:||C$9,177 per semester|
Upon completion of this Finance degree at Thompson Rivers University , students will be able to:
- Describe the role and operation of the financial markets and institutions that make up the domestic and global financial systems and how they are regulated.
- Value the different types of equity, fixed income and derivative securities.
- Analyze the different types of financial risk that are experienced by a global organization and how they can be effectively hedged.
- Manage a global organization’s operating and fixed assets effectively and fund those assets with an optimal mix of debt and equity financing.
- Apply financial principles in a professional capacity.
- Portfolio and Equity Analysis
- Fixed Income and Alternative investments
- Derivative Securities
- Advanced Financial Management
- International Financial Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Taxation for Decision-Making
TRU truly has a team of world-class career advisors who help you along the way. With a variety of events taking place at the university, you are never short of opportunities to interact with the business community and develop your skills. There are opportunities for international students to succeed at TRU and gain the necessary exposure through international competitions and awards. TRU provided me with what I hoped for and more.
Ayush Agarwal, TD Bank, Finance Services Representative
The profession is divided into two main fields. Investments deal with managing savings in the economy by transferring them to individuals and corporations in need of capital in exchange for an appropriate return. The other side of the industry is managerial finance. Professionals here arrange needed financing for an organization’s daily operations and future growth.