Sports Event Management Diploma
Earn a Sports Event Management Diploma at Thompson Rivers University
Learn key business skills and develop the expertise to successfully plan, market and execute both small and large-scale events in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors in this Sport Event Management Diploma at Thompson Rivers University.
|Intake:||January / September|
|Tuition Fee:||C$9,177 per semester|
You will also gain a deep understanding of the economic, social and cultural impacts of sport events and sport tourism, as well as the complexities of the sports marketplace in this Sport Event Management Diploma at Thompson Rivers University.
Theory is blended with real-world experiences—including hands-on projects with organizations such as the local WHL hockey club (Kamloops Blazers), Spartan Canada, Sun Peaks Resort, Pacific Sport and the Kamloops Sports Council.
- Business, Professional and Academic Composition
- The World of Events
- Finite Mathematics with Applications
- Organizational Leadership in Tourism
- Financial Accounting
- Catering and Service Management
- Marketing and Customer Service
Before coming to TRU, I couldn’t even imagine how fast my life would change here. TRU gave
me all the opportunities I was looking for to unearth my true potential. I’ve met people from
various parts of the world, gained real-world work experience and most importantly, I have
learned more about myself. Being a part of the TRU community has been one of the most
meaningful and rewarding experiences in my life. One of the best things I did in my program
was my co-op. I put my learning into direct practice right away and that helped me secure a full
time position after I graduated.
Tatiana Fedotova, Events Co-ordinator
Discover a wide range of career opportunities in the local, regional and international sports industry:
- Planning and managing sporting, non-sporting and lifestyle events
- Working with sports teams
- Starting your own company managing sports events
- Marketing and sales of sports properties
- Managing a sport or recreation organization
- Directing a club sport facility
- Fundraising, marketing and volunteer management