Sports Event Management Diploma
Earn a Sports Event Management Diploma at Thompson Rivers University
Learn key business skills and develop the expertise to successfully plan, market and execute both small and large-scale events in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. You will also gain a deep understanding of the economic, social and cultural impacts of sport events and sport tourism, as well as the complexities of the sports marketplace.
Theory is blended with real-world experiences—including hands-on projects with organizations such as the local WHL hockey club (Kamloops Blazers), Spartan Canada, Sun Peaks Resort, Pacific Sport and the Kamloops Sports Council.
Discover a wide range of career opportunities in the local, regional and international sports industry:
- Planning and managing sporting, non-sporting and lifestyle events
- Working with sports teams
- Starting your own company managing sports events
- Marketing and sales of sports properties
- Managing a sport or recreation organization
- Directing a club sport facility
- Fundraising, marketing and volunteer management
The Sports Event Management program is offered at Thompson Rivers University.
Before coming to TRU, I couldn’t even imagine how fast my life would change here. TRU gave
me all the opportunities I was looking for to unearth my true potential. I’ve met people from
various parts of the world, gained real-world work experience and most importantly, I have
learned more about myself. Being a part of the TRU community has been one of the most
meaningful and rewarding experiences in my life. One of the best things I did in my program
was my co-op. I put my learning into direct practice right away and that helped me secure a full
time position after I graduated.
Tatiana Fedotova, Events Co-ordinator
- Business, Professional and Academic Composition
- The World of Events
- Finite Mathematics with Applications
- Introduction to Tourism
- Organizational Leadership in Tourism
- Financial Accounting
- Catering and Service Management
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Introduction to the Study of Sport
- Marketing and Customer Service