Water and Wastewater Technology Diploma
Earn an Water and Wastewater Technology Diploma at Thompson Rivers University
By choosing the Water and Wastewater Technology at Thompson Rivers University:
- You will be prepared to operate and maintain water and wastewater treatment, distribution, re-use, and disposal facilities, as well as monitor source water quality.
- You’ll get your hands wet learning how chemistry, microbiology, mathematics, mechanical and electrical systems, instrumentation and treatment technologies are applied in the water industry.
- You will study environmental law, occupational health and safety, communications, and utility management.
- You will get hands-on practical training in the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of water systems – because the program is based out of the state-of-the-art Kamloops Centre for Water Quality, you will get a firsthand look at where your career will take you.
|Tuition Fee:||CAD $20,953 for first year|
Canada and British Columbia are facing shortages of educated and trained water and wastewater operators – you’ll be in demand upon graduation.
- primary, secondary and advanced water treatment and distribution operations
- primary, secondary and advanced wastewater treatment and collection operations
- water quality protection and monitoring
Before coming to TRU, I couldn’t even imagine how fast my life would change here. TRU gave
me all the opportunities I was looking for to unearth my true potential. I’ve met people from
various parts of the world, gained real-world work experience and most importantly, I have
learned more about myself. Being a part of the TRU community has been one of the most
meaningful and rewarding experiences in my life. One of the best things I did in my program
was my co-op. I put my learning into direct practice right away and that helped me secure a full
time position after I graduated.
Tatiana Fedotova, Events Co-ordinator
- Water Sources
- Water Treatment
- Applied Math & Sciences
- Mechanical Systems
- Environmental Legislation, Safety and Communications
- Introduction to Wastewate
- Electrical Fundamentals