Master of Education
Earn a Master of Education at Thompson Rivers University
Become a better teacher, trainer, or educator—whether that’s in the classroom, the boardroom or beyond. Not just for K-12 teachers, the degree in Education at Thompson Rivers University allows you to focus on your unique goals and decide when and how you learn. Online. On campus. Part-time or full-time.
|Tuition Fee:||C$9,023 per semester|
|Location:||Kamloops, Canada / Online|
What will I learn?
Active learning is at the heart of our degree in Education at Thompson Rivers University. By participating in classroom discussions and readings, guided inquiry and independent study, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of new teaching techniques.
- Learn to design and assess new curriculum
- Learn to conduct original research in applied settings
- Learn about current issues in education
- Develop problem-solving abilities
- Master the skills required to complete a research project in a variety of applied settings
- Research Methods
- Philosophy and History of Education
- Curriculum, Teaching and Learning
- Diversity: Constructing Social Realities
- Principles and Processes of Educational Leadership
Before this program, I never thought about projects that would let me involve the entire community to work toward a common goal. This program helped me build the confidence I need to follow through the projects on a global scale. My graduate studies broadened my horizons and benefited me personally, professionally and positively impacted my students. I feel that I have the power to create real change.
Louis (Zhaohuan) Hu, Selkirk College, International Student Advisor / Marketer
Jobs you will be qualified for include:
- Business analysts and project managers in education
- Corporate trainer
- Curriculum developer
- Digital learning and development manager
- Educational consultant, coordinator, or director
- Instructional designers and editors
- International student recruiter
- Marketing and communications editors and writers
- Post-secondary instructors (online and on campus)