Master in Environmental Economics and Management
Earn a Master in Environmental Economics and Management at Thompson Rivers University
Worldwide economic growth is rapid and, as a result, there is an urgent global need for management practices that balance economic demands with sustainability.
Businesses, non-government organizations and the public sector are increasingly incorporating these practices into their planning. Managers who understand them will be at the forefront in guiding the world towards sustainable businesses, communities and environments.
Two program options: the same core content, with more options to specialize
- The Master in Environmental Economics and Management (MEEM) at Thompson Rivers University is a two-year, course-based program, providing graduates with a broad knowledge of the business environment, advanced management skills and specialized knowledge in environmental economics and sustainability.
- The Master of Science in Environmental Economics and Management (MScEEM) at Thompson Rivers University provides graduates with an understanding of the business environment, specialized knowledge in the emerging area of sustainability as well as academic and applied research expertise through the completion of a graduate thesis or project.
Before coming to TRU, I couldn’t even imagine how fast my life would change here. TRU gave
me all the opportunities I was looking for to unearth my true potential. I’ve met people from
various parts of the world, gained real-world work experience and most importantly, I have
learned more about myself. Being a part of the TRU community has been one of the most
meaningful and rewarding experiences in my life. One of the best things I did in my program
was my co-op. I put my learning into direct practice right away and that helped me secure a full
time position after I graduated.
Tatiana Fedotova, Events Co-ordinator
- Principles of Environmental Economics and Natural Resource Economics
- Applied Microeconomics for Sustainable Management
- Foundations of Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Valuation Methods for Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Sustainable Community Economic Development
- Applications of Environmental Economics and Natural Resource Economics
- Sustainable Macroeconomic Development
- Policy and Regulation for Sustainable Management